Roofing keeps Mother Nature out of your Englewood home, but have you ever considered the effect your roofing choices have on Mother Nature? Every year across America approximately ten million tons of recyclable shingles are tossed into landfills. With the help of green roofing solutions and more sustainable practices, however, this can easily be avoided.
Consider these green roofing solutions for your Englewood home:
Owens Corning was the first roofing manufacturer to aid in the creation of nationwide asphalt shingle recycling programs. Their preferred roofing contractors pledge to recycle old shingles so that they can be turned into pavement for area roads, not left to rot in landfills. Labeled “recyclable,” Owens Corning products offer green roofing solutions that consider all stages of a product’s life cycle – sourcing, manufacturing, performance, and end of life. At recycling centers, asphalt is separated from these used shingles and chipped for use in the paving mix on many of the U.S. roads that are paved with asphalt. For an overview of the Owens Corning Shingle Recycling Program, watch the video below:
Reflective, cool roofing is growing in popularity due to energy saving benefits, and Duro-Last sets the standard with its Cool Zone roofing technology. This roofing is a great fit for the flat or low-sloped roofs commonly found in Englewood homes, offering protection from water ponding. Duro-Last sustainable roofing meets the “Five E’s” of high-performance roofing:
- Energy: Energy Star rated, Duro-Last roofing reduces energy consumption up to 40 percent by improving insulation performance, reducing the need for A/C use, and aiding the efficiency of rooftop A/C. It also decreases the effects of urban heat islands – areas of populated cities that can be as much as 22 degrees F hotter than nearby rural areas.
- Environment: Duro-Last roofing systems are designed, constructed, maintained, rehabilitated and demolished with the end goal of efficiently utilizing natural resources and preserving the environment.
- Endurance: Duro-Last roofing is made to last for years, keeping it out of landfills by offering reliability, water absorption, wind and fire resistance, low-maintenance, and ease of repair.
- Economics: Performance that lasts, low installation, maintenance and repair costs, and energy savings all contribute to Duro-Last’s economic benefits.
- Engineering: Smart engineering and design ensure the highest level of quality and, ultimately, performance.
Ready to learn about green roofing solutions for the roof of your Englewood home? Contact Mark Kaufman Roofing. We offer residential and commercial green roofing solutions and are an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor who pledges to recycle.