There are many different types of roofs in the market today including metal, tile, slate, and shingle roofs. Each type offers its own unique benefit. For example, tile roofs are resistant to moisture, hail, and fire and are able to stand the test of time. Metal roofs can last for over 40 years. The shingle roofs are inexpensive, and easy to install, although they age faster than the other kinds of roofs.
The roof is one of the most important components of your home. It offers you the most in protection from the elements – and is the gateway to damage claims for your home. Since homeowner’s insurance can be extremely costly, here are some great ways to reduce your insurance premiums:
- Senior citizen discount – For homeowners who are 55+ years of age, many insurance companies offer a discount, due to the fact that most retired citizens spend more time at home, and are able to attend to a home emergency before it escalates into a larger claim.
- New wiring discount – Old wiring poses an extreme fire hazard for homes.
- Impact resistant roofing – Roof damage is the underlying cause for some of the most major types of home insurance claims. A Class 4 roof (the highest rating for durability) earns many discounts for homeowners across the nation.
- Multi-policy discount – The old classic in insurance discounts, offered to customers who have two or more policies with the same insurance company.
- Gated Community – A gated community poses a greater deterrent to potential rabble-rousers…so the lessened risk of claims merits a discount!
A Local Roofer is Here to Help
The discounts available to you will vary with your location and insurance company – check with your insurance company before you repair or build our home. To ensure that your discounts and ratings remain up to date, it is recommended that you have certified local roofers install or repair your roof when needed.
Contact Mark Kaufman Roofing, serving the North Port area, for more information on how your roof can be improved. We are always happy to lend a hand with your home improvement projects!