Whether your roof has sprung a leak, sustained wind damage, or you are realizing that roofing maintenance should be part of your annual home maintenance plan, choosing the right roofing contractor can help protect your most valuable assets. So, if you want to find the best contractor in the Florida Suncoast region that you can depend on through the years, put in a little time and homework with these pointers!
Choosing the Right Roofing Contractor
As you may have already found, you won’t have any problem finding a roofing contractor by a simple search online or flipping through your phone book. In fact, you may find so many roofing contractors that you don’t know where to begin to choose a good one at a fair price. Quickly narrow your search using the following criteria.
- Time tested: You want your roof to stand the test of time. Only work with a roofing contractor that has also stood the test of time with great success.
- License, insurance and address: Be leery of fly-by-night self-proclaimed “contractors” that come knocking on your door following a storm. Only work with professional companies that provide you proof of license, insurance and a fixed “brick-and-mortar” location.
- References: Ask prospective roofing contractors for recent project references and testimonials.
- Professional credentials: Unlike work references, Better Business Bureau ratings are specifically designed to reflect the willingness of a company to resolve any disputes or misunderstandings with its customers.
- Guarantee policies: If a company isn’t willing to guarantee their work, why should you? Move on to the next contractor.
- Customer service: From your initial contact with prospective roofing contractors, you should expect and receive exceptional customer service start to finish. Make a point to ask if your concerns and questions will be addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- In writing: In the end, all of your homework and contractor questions and interviews are only good as the contract you sign. Work with a roofing contractor that takes the time to clearly explain and show you in writing what you can expect from their services.
Roofing contractors may come and go, but Mark Kaufman Roofing is here to stay!
When you want to build a great relationship with a roofing contractor that measures up to these prerequisites, contact us today. We’re an Owen’s Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor and have proudly served our customers in the southwestern Florida Suncoast region since 1988!