If you have not yet selected a particular shingle for your home’s roof, you are in luck. If you are currently living with a shingle roof, though, you are still in luck, because we can help you to get the most life out of any shingle roof.
The ideal time to increase the lifespan of a shingle roof, and avoid costly shingle roof repair later, is before the roof is even installed. Strategies to help include:
- Selecting the right manufacturer—Avoid big-box store brands; ask the installer how long the shingle maker has been in business, and how good their products are. Owens Corning, which Mark Kaufman Roofing recommends, has been around since 1938 so they are reputable and reliable.
- Selecting the right line of shingles—Every shingle company has at least two lines, usually three, with the highest levels of performance in the top lines. These invariably lead to less frequent shingle roof repair, because they are made to be more durable.
- Selecting the best local installer—Mark Kaufman Roofing is Sarasota’s only Owens Corning Platinum Preferred roofer. This means we can offer the best warranties, have the strength of Owens Corning behind us, and use only the best, experienced crews.
A Word on Warranties
While shingles themselves have manufacturers’ warranties for up to 30 years, contractors can gain additional warranty coverage—to include labor and installation, for example—by demonstrating excellence. This is why Mark Kaufman Roofing, as an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, can offer stronger warranties than the competition.
If you are already living under a shingle roof, you still have a few strategies to increase the lifespan:
- Annual inspection—Getting your shingle roof professionally checked over at least once a year can stop small problems from growing into large, expensive shingle roof repair.
- Prompt shingle roof repair—If an inspection reveals an issue with loose shingles, nail pops, missing flashing or some other small trouble, Mark Kaufman Roofing can usually make repairs right away, preserving your roof.
- Careful maintenance—Aside from quick repair, routine maintenance helps preserve the life of a shingle roof. No homeowner should climb on any roof; leave that to professionals, who can keep debris off the roof, clean out gutters to avoid water infiltration, and work safely.
Contact Mark Kaufman Roofing today to learn more ways to get the longest life from your soon-to-be shingle roof, or the one already protecting your home and family.